Want to speak about Java/XML/Graphics in Houston in November?

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Fri Sep 24 23:30:48 BST 1999

I got the following and don't really have the time; anyone here
qualified and interested?  If so, contact her, not me.
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:19:19 -0500
From: Laura Young <laura.young at int.com>
To: tbray at textuality.com
Subject: INT seminar

Tim,

My name is Laura Young. I am the marketing director for INT, a company
in Houston that develops Java 2d and 3d graphics toolkits for scientific
data visualization.  We are hosting a seminar on November 16 called
"Technology Focus on E&P: Java, XML, and Graphics" (exploration and
production). The presentations will most likely include speakers from
Sun, IBM, W3C, and INT on Java,  XML, graphics and e-commerce, as it
relates to the Oil and Gas market.  We will be promoting the seminar
through trade shows, email and direct mail--we expect about 100-120
attendees, most from the major oil and oil services companies. We would
like you to speak at our seminar.

The oil and gas market is going through a technology transition and
their greatest difficulty is determining which path to take. While some
people at these companies are aware of the features of Java,  XML and
e-commerce solution and INT's graphics toolkits, it's our understanding
that they are uncertain how these aspects can tie together to make their
companies more productive.  I'm sure you are asked to speak at many
conferences and seminars. This seminar is a golden opportunity to reach
the key influencers/decision makers and to educate and demonstrate the
benefits of these emerging technologies.

If you are not available, could you suggest someone else with W3 who
could join us? Please contact me at your earliest convenience if you
have any questions and to let me know your interest.
--
Laura Young
Marketing Director
laura.young at int.com