SAX C/C++ Implementations?

Jun Fujisawa fujisawa at the.canon.co.jp
Sat Sep 25 04:01:26 BST 1999

At 11:08 AM -0400 99.9.24, David Megginson wrote:
> I occasionally receive e-mail about people who've attempted SAX
> implementations in C or C++.  I know about IBM's and a couple of
> private ones, but I'd like to try to smoke out any others that might
> be lurking.  Please reply if you have one.

Oracle has free XML Parser for C/C++, which support small
subset of SAX 1.0 API.

<http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml/parser_c/main.htm>
<http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml/parser_cpp/main.htm>

More proper implementation of SAX in C is available in the XML
library for GNOME.

<http://rufus.w3.org/veillard/XML/>
<http://www.daa.com.au/~james/gnome/xml-sax/xml-sax.html>

Personally, I'm also working on defining a C interface for SAX2.
I hope the C/C++ interface of SAX will be somewhat standardized
in the future.

--
Jun Fujisawa
<mailto:fujisawa at the.canon.co.jp>