RFC: Attributes and XML-RPC

Julian Reschke reschke at medicaldataservice.de
Sun Sep 26 14:07:49 BST 1999

I agree :-)
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Tyler Baker [mailto:tyler at infinet.com]
  Sent: Sunday, September 26, 1999 1:55 PM
  To: reschke at medicaldataservice.de
  Cc: Mark Nutter; xml-dev at ic.ac.uk
  Subject: Re: RFC: Attributes and XML-RPC

  Julian Reschke wrote:
     I would expect that gzip sees the attribute as      ="    name
"while it sees elements as     <    name>    </    name>Meaning three
substrings for attributes, while 4 substrings for elements, where only 1 of
them occurs twice.Seems that the corrected benchmark proves that my surprise
was not without reason :-) (posting attached again).
  Right after I sent off that email I said to myself in effect said "doh".
Yes you are right, nevertheless the difference in the results between using
elements or attributes when it comes down to document size after compression
is neglible (-: