Attributes and namespaces

Shawn Silverman shawn at activated.com
Mon Sep 27 22:52:06 BST 1999

The motivation for my question was this xsl (partial) example:

<xsl:attribute-set name="set2"  use-attribute-sets="set3">
    <xsl:attribute name="text-decoration">underline</xsl:attribute>
  </xsl:attribute-set>

the "use-attribute-sets" attribute, if it belongs to no namespace cannot
then be interpreted as including the "set3" attribute-set within
"set2".  However, a few of the popular XSL processors go ahead and
interpret it as belonging to the xsl namespace, including "set3".

The xsl spec mentions specifically that use-attribute-sets is an
attribute from the xsl namespace.

Regards
	-Shawn

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)