XML Processing Description Language

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Wed Sep 29 15:48:30 BST 1999

[I attempted to send this last week, and was told XML-dev was down.
Apologies in advance to anyone who may have actually received it - I did not.]

There's a new draft of XPDL up at http://purl.oclc.org/NET/xpdl for those
interested in packaging XML.  XPDL provides descriptions of document
classes, identifying the resources they use and specifying how they should
be processed.  There's also a presentation I gave at XML Developer Days
that describes what XPDL is supposed to fix and how it should work.

Anyone interested in the 'packaging' XML discussion may find it worth
reading - if not necessarily for my particular answers, then perhaps for
the questions.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer (2nd Ed - September)
Building XML Applications