DTD Parser

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Tue Feb 1 09:30:01 GMT 2000

* Iresh Mehta

| Currently I know of only the xmlproc parser that includes a DTD
| parsing API.  However this parser is written in Python and I don't
| want to spend time on porting it to C++ or Java (if a port already
| exists please let me know).

It runs under JPython[1], a pure Java implementation of Python, so you
can use it in Java if you want. It's not going to be fast, but at
least you can parse and load DTDs.

Using Python code from Java requires a little trickery, but it isn't
really difficult. If you want I can try to help you with answers to
questions and so on and perhaps an initial example to get you started.

--Lars M.

[1] <URL: http://www.jpython.org/ >

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.