SAX (Introduction, Recomandations, Future...)

David Megginson david at megginson.com
Tue Feb 1 12:22:19 GMT 2000

"Jean Georges PERRIN" <jgp at 4js.com> writes:

> I've been playing a bit with DOM and understood that DOM is maintained and
> updated by the W3C.
>
> What about SAX ?
>
> How did it appear ?

We built it collaboratively here on XML-Dev.

> Who's in charge of it ?

I am, but not in any legal sense.  SAX is in the Public Domain, so
there's no legal barrier to stop you (or anyone else) from rereleasing
the same thing, with or without changes, and calling it SAX or
anything else.

So far, the development community has agreed to accept whatever I end
up releasing as "SAX", provide that there's a lot of discussion
first. Of course, that could change at any time.

> Where can I find specs, API description, etc. ?

  http://www.megginson.com/SAX/

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 david at megginson.com
           http://www.megginson.com/

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.