eXtensible Interchange Language (was [Re: XML Interoperability] )

David DS Barnes d.d.barnes at ic.ac.uk
Tue Feb 1 14:59:08 GMT 2000

Hello XML & XSL developers,

I have been wondering if there is any proposed
	eXtensible Interchange Language . . .

	Many computational codes use their own definitions of geometry
	and "boundary conditions"/etc for simulations of physical behaviour,
	and I am aware of VRML and (vaguely) 3DML(?)

	However, although companies support ouput (and sometimes import),
	this does not make very legible geometric "objects"/etc

	Is there any proposal to develop a common XML language
	that big companies could share?

Anticipating with great interest,

David

--
David DS Barnes
	mechanical eng,imperial college		|	t:0171 594 7181