XSLT'ing XML Schema (was my XSLT Equipment)

Arnold, Curt Curt.Arnold at hyprotech.com
Tue Feb 1 21:01:35 GMT 2000

I have suggested (on Apache and XML Schema comments) using XSLT to "compile"
or "pre-process" XML Schemas for use.  Basically, there are a lot of editing
convienience features (imports, include, type inheritance) that can be
"pre-processed" out before being published.  A parser shouldn't have to go
fetch the "import" and "include" schemas just to do a validation.

That said, the conversion of an XML Schema to a DTD would be the step after
the "compilation" of an full XML schema doc into the subset schema.  The
conversion of a subset schema to DTD should be fairly straight forward using
XSLT, it is the higher level transformations that might be tricky.

Anybody up for a collaborative effort to do this?

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.