SAX 2.0 extension proposals.

Miles Sabin msabin at cromwellmedia.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 19:00:06 GMT 2000

Toby Speight wrote,
> This is the problem. You would have to create as many
> MyFilterImpl objects as you have parsers, and try each
> one.  With my example (3 parsers, 2 filters), that's only 15
> different possibilities, but the combinatorial explosion gets
> you pretty quickly as the number of stacked filters
> increases.

Ahh ... light dawns. You want to be able to enumerate _all_
the parser+filter combinations that support "q" and "r", not
just find some _one_ parser+filter that fits the bill. You're
right, the examples I posted address that latter problem, not
the former.

Hmm ... my feeling is that this is far too specialized. Still
I'd be interested to see if you can come up with something
along those lines.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                       Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect        5/6 Glenthorne Mews

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.