Seeking a Dao of Groves

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Wed Feb 2 23:09:54 GMT 2000

THOMAS PASSIN wrote:

> .... When
> you develop without making one explicit, you are simply developing to an
> implicit and probably incomplete model, one that the others working with you
> may not fully agree with.
>
> This may work fine for some projects, but it's a weak base for standards
> development.

This is demonstrated by the incompatibilities between SAX, the DOM, the
Information set and XPath. It will be demonstrated again soon by various
API and browser implementations of XLink. The more things change...

"Ivory towers are no longer in order. We need ivory
networks. Today, sitting quietly and thinking is the
world´s greatest generator of wealth and prosperity."
 - http://www.bespoke.org/viridian/print.asp?t=140

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.