Two name space having an identical keyword.

Didier PH Martin martind at netfolder.com
Sat Feb 5 19:46:50 GMT 2000

Hi,

I am not so sure about a certain interpretation of the recommendations.

On one hand, let's say that I have the xlink name space which includes the
"title" keyword. On the other hand, let's say that I have a name space named
"toc" which also includes an "title" keyword. In both name spaces, the
"title" attribute has the same meaning and the same spelling.

Now, let's say that the topic element inherits from an xlink type. The
xlink:type="simple". This latter includes a "title" attribute. The topic
element from the toc name space also has a "title" attribute.

Question: Is this document valid and interpretable by xlink?

<MyDoc xmlns="http://www.netfolder.com/TR/2000/toc"
	 xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink/namespace/">

<topic title="W3 home page" xlink:href="http://www.w3.org/index.html"
xlik:type="simple"/>
</MyDoc>

Or should it absolutely be as follow to be fully interpretable by an xlink
interpreter?
<MyDoc xmlns="http://www.netfolder.com/TR/2000/toc"
	 xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink/namespace/">

<topic title="W3 home page" xlink:title="W3 home page"
xlink:href="http://www.w3.org/index.html" xlik:type="simple"/>
</MyDoc>

cheers
Didier PH Martin
Email: martind at netfolder.com
Conferences: Web New York (http://www.mfweb.com)
Book to come soon: XML Pro published by Wrox Press
Products: http://www.netfolder.com

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.