Specifying scope of uniqueness in XML Schemas?

Roger Costello costello at mitre.org
Mon Jan 3 16:44:07 GMT 2000

Hi Folks,

In section 3.7 of the XML Schema spec it talks about the mechanism for
indicating uniqueness (of elements, attributes, or combinations
thereof).  It says that you can specify uniqueness within a region, or
over the entire document:

"Constraints can be specified to have document-wide scope or to hold
within the scope of particular elements."

Can someone explain to me how you indicate the scope of a constraint?  I
am guessing that it is with the selector element, but I am not sure.
/Roger