Request for Discussion: SAX 1.0 in C++

John Aldridge john.aldridge at informatix.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 17:13:34 GMT 2000

At 08:40 21/12/99 +0100, you wrote:

>> John is absolutely correct. It *must* be wchar_t if its going to be
>> a fixed thing.
>
>Please note that John was advocating std::wstring, rather than
>std::wchar_t*.

Er, sort of.  I _do_ advocate std::wstring, but that's independent of the
point I was making here.  I can live with wchar_t* if the consensus is that
std::wstring is either too slow or too poorly supported.

What I'd find difficult is a typedef SAXChar which could be "unsigned
short", because that would be a real bore to code to.
std::basic_string<SAXChar> would be just as bad.
--
Cheers,
John