indexing xml documents..

Dongwook Shin dwshin at nlm.nih.gov
Tue Jan 4 18:21:44 GMT 2000

Anuja:

There are a couple of  tools that index XML documents and serves
XQL queries.

1. XML Query Engine (http://www.fatdog.com)
    It creates in-memory indexes for XML documents and serves XQL queries.
    Query evaluation is reasonably fast for small to medium sized documents.

2. GMD-IPSI XQL Engine (http://xml.darmstadt.gmd.de/xql/)
    It creates PDOM for XML documents and evaluates XQL queries.
    I know a site that serves a collection of XML documents with this
    engine, but is not satisfied with the querying performance.

3. My tool, XRS (http://dlb2.nlm.nih.gov/~dwshin/xrs.html) creates
   inverted index into UNIX files and serves my own queries fast.
   But it does not support XQL queries yet.

Dongwook