SAX2 Namespace Support

james anderson James.Anderson at mecomnet.de
Wed Jan 5 18:17:29 GMT 2000

If one doesn't want to leave it up to the user (eg, via user-specified class
implementations) then the parser should intern the QNames and effect object
identity according to whether it is observing namespaces or not (i.e. based on
augmenting stem equality with either prefix or uri equality).

If the interning mechanism is made available to the application, then the
application can use it to intern any "interesting" names and bind them to
static variables when it initializes. From then on, == need behave only as an
identity test.

This will get complex if the application wants to switch modi, but then I
don't believe applications belong in "non-namspace-observing" mode to begin with.