schemas: why no local type bindings?

james anderson James.Anderson at mecomnet.de
Thu Jan 6 11:32:42 GMT 2000

i'm working my way into schemas and found the distinction between anonymous
and names types baroque. i need to read further to see what named types can
mean, beyond that which the equivalent entity based definitions would have accomplished.

given, however, that they exist, why pray-tell would one then proscribe local
definitions? wouldn't there just as well be cases where such resemblances
would occur within elements as well as at a global level?