hierarchical database for repository

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Fri Jan 7 23:23:03 GMT 2000

I'm looking around for a cheap - ideally open source - hierarchical
database to use with some XML experiments.  I'm aware of ADABAS and Tamino
from Software AG (which are way out of the price range) and dbb, a Berkeley
binary tree DB that gets used in lots of LDAP applications.  Simplicity is
a virtue - I'm not looking for something that does it all, just something I
can feed tree structures and get them back again.

I'd love to think such a thing exists in Java, but so far I haven't found
anything at all there, so I'll take what I can find.  If anyone knows of
anything, please let me know at simonstl at simonstl.com or post to the list.

Thanks!

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications