SAX2/Java: Towards a final form

Miles Sabin msabin at cromwellmedia.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 17:01:47 GMT 2000

David Megginson wrote,
> 1. Deprecate Parser, DocumentHandler, and AttributeList.

<snip/>

>  public interface XMLReader extends Parser
                                      ^^^^^^

If Parser and the rest are deprecated, then why do you want
XMLReader to extend Parser?

If I have an implementation which I want to support SAX1 as
well as SAX2 then I can quite easily do,

  public class MyXMLReader
    implements XMLReader, Parser
  {
    // etc.
  }

If you're going to cut the cord, cut it good and proper.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                       Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect        5/6 Glenthorne Mews