[XMLReader extends Parser???]

James Layer JBLayer at netscape.net
Wed Jan 12 20:36:30 GMT 2000

David Megginson <david at megginson.com> wrote:

>Well, Miles got me thinking, and that's actually not quite the case --
>XMLReader will be reporting its events through ContentHandler instead
>of DocumentHandler, so casting down doesn't seem that useful after all
>(unless your apps are interested only in DTDHandler and ErrorHandler
>events); I guess that we do need an adapter instead.

Ack! I must have had my lunch bag over my head while engaging in delusions of
ContentHandler extending DocumentHandler (there's a mess!). I also completely
missed the fact that I could simply sport a new method(s) of my own for the
new interface and deprecate and/or adapt the old as required.

Pardon please while I leap inelegantly to the other side of the fence. ;)

Regards,

Jim Layer