External Entites Usage

Pete Johnston P.Johnston at archives.gla.ac.uk
Thu Jan 13 10:32:09 GMT 2000

> I was a meeting the other day and someone made the following statement.
>
> "External references in entities are highly depreciated and hopefully seldom
> used."

There was a very useful discussion of this topic on the list a couple
of months ago. You might like to have a look at the list archive for
Nov 1999 under the thread:

external parsed entites (was: A unique ID question ?)

and its predecessor

A unique ID question ?

Pete Johnston
Glasgow University Archives & Business Records Centre