ANNOUNCE : quick hack to bind XML to objects

Eric van der Vlist vdv at dyomedea.com
Fri Jan 14 08:09:42 GMT 2000

Hi,

I do not pretend to solve the big picture and I would have used existing
products if they were mature enough (I hope I am not hurting anyone),
but I have developed a "quick hack to bind XML to objects" for one of my
projects.

The idea is to use a XSL transformation to preprocess the XML files into
something easy to interpret by a low level SAX parser which is updating
the objects through java.lang.reflect.

If you want to know more about this hack, I have published it on our web
:

     http://downloads.dyomedea.com/java/xmlbinder/

along with simples examples
(http://downloads.dyomedea.com/java/xmlbinder/com/dyomedea/xmlbind/examples/)
showing how :

1) A XML document is processed through a XSLT sheet into an XML
preprocessed actions definition file.
2) The data is binded into a "complex" object which can be either
transient or persistent (stored in a ozone OODB).
3) These objects can be XML aware and saved back into a XML document.
4) These objects can be used in a XSLT sheet (using XT).

Your comments and suggestions are welcome !

Thanks

Eric