Microsoft's responce to XML.com article

Tim Bray tbray at textuality.com
Sat Jan 15 21:43:37 GMT 2000

At 01:58 PM 1/15/00 -0500, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>As much as I appreciate that the W3C is busy, getting this out a lot
>earlier would have been useful, to say the least.  A lot of the dates on
>these are _very_ old.

Mea culpa, more than anyone else.  But it's a symptom of the W3C's
#1 problem, lack of resources.  I've been busy helping get XLink done.
CMSMCQ's been busy helping get schema done.  JeanPa's been busy getting
MS Office to do something sensible with XML, a little bird tells me.  It
was tough to lay any of these tasks aside to put in the errata work.

For some reason Francois Yergeau's name doesn't appear anywhere on this,
which is nuts; it probably wouldn't have come out without a massive
effort on on his part in the collation and organization of the Syntax
WG's efforst.  -Tim