Microsoft's responce to XML.com article

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Mon Jan 17 14:42:59 GMT 2000

At 07:00 AM 1/17/00 -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>I think one of the key points in the W3C process is to avoid arbitrary
>design decision, changes to specs are reached by WG consensus, and
>then once the spec is finished it has to get approval from the director
>and members.
>  Arbitrary design decision can lead to a speedy specification, they
>also can generate serious problems, we try to avoid that.

Arbitrary design decisions within the W3C seem to be the cause of unending
discussions on XML-dev, if _any_ of the stories I've heard at conferences
are true.

(I don't think the W3C process was set up arbitrarily, though it too
appears to be the cause of unending discussions.)

Simon St.Laurent
Building XML Applications
Cookies / Sharing Bandwidth
http://www.simonstl.com