Alternatives to the W3C

Sebastian Rahtz sebastian.rahtz at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Mon Jan 17 16:52:46 GMT 2000

Simon St.Laurent writes:
 > As it is, we've got a closed standardization process that rarely focuses on
 > 'running software first'.

to be fair, some of them are pretty open. I don't think you could
claim that XSLT falls into the category of closed and unimplemented

> Anyone got a good CSS2 implementation?

maybe its because no-one wants CSS, they they don't take its
implementation seriously?

 > XSL-FOs?
foul! FO  spec is unfinished.

 > (At least Amaya provides some real support for XHTML.)

you cannot seriously suggest that Amaya is useful for anything other
than the odd demonstration...

sebastian