Microsoft's responce to XML.com article

Paul Tchistopolskii paul at qub.com
Mon Jan 17 18:48:18 GMT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl at simonstl.com>

> At 12:00 AM 1/17/00 -0500, Didier PH Martin wrote:
> >Again, I've managed our membership to the W3C starting on the most
> >shoe-string of budgets, so "it's too expensive" really rings hollow here.
> >You either commit to it, or you don't.
>
> For a lot of one-person shops, myself included, $5000/year amounts to a
> tithe (one part in ten) or much worse.  Perhaps if I felt a deep religious
> commitment to the Web, I'd be willing to contribute at this level, but I've
> had a hard enough time finding the $250 for OASIS.

<http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Prospectus/Joining>
There are two classes of membership: Full and Affiliate. The annual fee for Full Members
is $US 50,000. The annual fee for Affiliate Members is $US 5,000. There are no differences
in Member benefits between the two classes of membership. All new Members must commit to a
three-year initial term of membership. After that, membership renews annually.
</http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Prospectus/Joining>

I think it says that  3 * 5 =  $15.000.

Rgds.Paul.

PS. Ah, does not matter, does not matter ...
James Clark is still there.