Alternatives to the W3C

Steven Livingstone, ITS, SENM steven.livingstone at scotent.co.uk
Wed Jan 19 16:35:36 GMT 2000

Desktop.com is an example of the start of "everything in the browser".

Yep, and using things such as XMLRPC and SOAP allows this to be quite easily
done.
Indeed, I'm in the middle of a development which builds on desktop.com and
used various XML technologies (and erm IE5 browser) to put a windows 2000
type environment in the browser.

Obviously, the "future" may also be considered to be on servers, but for a
interactive point of view, the browser will eventually handle everything (i
hope).

cheers
steven

Steven Livingstone
07771 957 280 or +447771957280

Pro XML
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861003110
Professional Site Server 3, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002696
Professional Site Server 3.0 Commerce Edition, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002505