XML -> Java code generator.

Kevin A. Burton burton at relativity.yi.org
Wed Jan 19 21:40:40 GMT 2000

So I am looking for a decent API that allows me to think of an XML
document as a Java object... and not in terms of DOM/SAX and also allows
me to abstract what XML parser that I am using so that it can be either
XML4J/Xerces/etc.

So for code like the following

<!ELEMENT rss (channel)>
<!ATTLIST rss
          version     CDATA #REQUIRED> <!-- must be "0.91"> -->

<!ELEMENT channel ( title | description )*>
<!ELEMENT title (#PCDATA)>
<!ELEMENT description (#PCDATA)>

You would get
------------------

package mypackage;

import org.w3c.dom;
import java.io.IOException;

public class RSSDocument {

	public RSSDocument(String URL) throws IOException {
		//parse out the dom and store it as a private
		//member... impl here
	}

	public String getTitle() {
		//impl here
	}

	public String getDescription() {
		//impl here
	}

	public String getVersion() {

	}

}

Also, an element with an ATTLIST would be treated as members of a java
object.

Thoughts?  If I have to write my own code here it will be done as Open
Source.

Kevin

--
Kevin A Burton