Alternatives to the W3C

Steven Livingstone, ITS, SENM steven.livingstone at scotent.co.uk
Thu Jan 20 12:28:09 GMT 2000

>and the cost of my competitors.  Look what's happening in W3C now, some of
>the XML proposals are there simply to counter-act some competitor's
>proposals.

Yes, but the point is thet W3C are there to cotrol this and produce a single
standard from the submissions.

>Microsoft is really alot like Ford was in the 20's.  For most
>people then a "car" was a Model T, and "you could have any color, so long
as
>it was black", as the saying goes.

Are you suggesting having 20 different types of browser woudl be a good
thing?
I wouldn't want a single super-car (well, I can't drive so most people
wouldn't want me in it anyway), but I wouldn't mind a single browser made up
of everyones opinions and controlled by a consortium. Yes, I know the W3C
try to do this anyway, but I mean a commercial consortium to control NS and
MS (and anyone else i forgot).

cheers,
steven

Steven Livingstone
Glasgow, Scotland.
07771 957 280 or +447771957280

Pro XML
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861003110
Professional Site Server 3, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002696
Professional Site Server 3.0 Commerce Edition, Wrox Press
http://www.wrox.com/Consumer/Store/Details.asp?ISBN=1861002505