XML to represent Musical Notation

Fabio Arciniegas A. l-arcini at uniandes.edu.co
Fri Jan 21 20:09:56 GMT 2000

> Anyone interested in, or know of efforts to develop a standard music
> notation with an XML schema.

I still haven't heard about a schema for Music notation, but there are
several DTDs around like MuML and MusicML.

One thing you might be interested to look at is SMDL (SGML). It is
quite complete and though it was mainly designed for
music publishing it can be used for other purposes (I did the SGML
support of the maconDO sequencer using it).

I don't have the pointers now (that was a long time ago;)), but if you
want the SMDL spec, mail me. I must have it... somewhere...

Fabio