expat tree-builder (dom)

Andy Dent dent at oofile.com.au
Fri Jan 28 15:47:01 GMT 2000

At 11:00 -0800 24/1/00, Doug Forman wrote:
>I've been experimenting with the jclark's expat parser.  I compiled it on
>linux, and it works just great.  However, finding tags and data by
>implementing the callback functions is cumbersome.
Doug

Try expatpp which provides:
1) a c++ wrapper around expat making it easier to override
2) "sub-parsers" which can be invoked like sub-routines to parse just a few
tags inside a known structure.

Our OOFILE Open Source Report Writer uses expatpp to read in report
layouts, styles, database schema and data. In particular it offers a bunch
of example code showing how the sub-parsers can be used. We have
sub-parsers for layout, database schema etc.

Andy Dent BSc MACS AACM, Software Designer, A.D. Software, Western Australia
OOFILE - Database, Reports, Graphs, GUI for c++ on Mac, Unix & Windows
PP2MFC - PowerPlant->MFC portability
http://www.oofile.com.au/