ANN: XTech 2000 in San Jose

David Megginson david at megginson.com
Mon Jan 31 15:10:39 GMT 2000

Jon Bosak, Tim Bray, and I are co-chairing XTech 2000 in San Jose,
from Sunday, February 27 to Thursday March 2 (tutorials Sunday and
Monday, conference papers Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday):

  http://www.gca.org/attend/2000_conferences/xtech_2000/default.htm

I'd like to encourage the members of XML-Dev to attend.  This is
primarily a hard-core XML developers' conference (we provide a one-day
management track to entertain any executives who come along with you),
and the papers cover a lot of ground, from Apache to SML to
XML-controlled robots (really).

We're also trying out a new evening event, called "Town Hall
Meetings": on the Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, after dinner, we're
going to hold open-mike town-hall meetings on key W3C standards.  Key
members of the XML Schema (Tuesday) and XML Query (Wednesday) working
groups will be up on the stage for an hour to take questions, listen
to suggestions, soak up praise, endure abuse, hold straw polls, or
whatever else the audience decides to do.  If this works out well, we
might be able to convince the W3C groups to do the same thing at other
conferences.

I hope to see a lot of you there next month.

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 david at megginson.com
           http://www.megginson.com/

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.