ANN: SAX 2.0 extension proposals.

Miles Sabin msabin at cromwellmedia.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 16:16:15 GMT 2000

First I'd like to like to follow all the other people who've
posted, and thank David for all the work he's put in on SAX
2.0. I'd also like to second the plea that parser implementors
start migrating to it.

There are, however, a few areas where I think a little bit more
needs to be done. I've put my code where my mouth is, and
written up and implemented a set of proposals for additions to
SAX 2.0beta. These proposals mostly cover things that have
already been discussed on this list,

* A means of querying an XMLReader implementations features
  without first having to instantiate an XMLReader.

* A plug'n'play XMLReader factory which supports multiple
  parsers and transparent adaptation of SAX 1 parsers.

* An extended ParserAdapter which exposes a SAX 1 parsers
  support for validation.

* A couple of utility interfaces which bundle up the standard
  SAX 2.0 feature and property identifiers.

Other than the factory (which depends on being able to query an
implementations features without prior instantiation) these are
all independent rather than coming as a monolithic bundle.

Detailed descriptions and downloads can be found here,

  http://www3.mistral.co.uk/miles/

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin                       Cromwell Media
Internet Systems Architect        5/6 Glenthorne Mews

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.