Creating HTML tags through XSL.

prasadm at crt.com prasadm at crt.com
Mon Jan 31 16:32:16 GMT 2000

Hi,

Thanks for your time. I have tried what you have suggested and that works
fine.
But what I am trying to do is.

<xsl:template match="ROW">
  <xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="position()=0">
	<TABLE BORDER="0"/>
	 <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:when test="position() div 10 = 1">
	</TABLE/>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise>
	<xsl:apply-templates/>
  </xsl:otherwise>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

Since the parser was giving an error on the </TABLE/> line, I tried using
&lt;/TABLE/&gt;
but this tag would appear on the browser rather than being interpreted as a
markup.
Is there any other way of accomplishing this, I wanted to know.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Another simple question, is it possible to add a node in an XML document at
some reqular intervals.
like. For eg: Say, I have a XML doc. with 400 rows. I want to insert a
<LAYER></LAYER>
tag between every 20 documents. The XML doc. after the insertion should look
like this.

<ROWSET>
<LAYER num="1">
<ROW id="1">
</ROW>
<ROW id="2">
</ROW>
<ROW id="3">
</ROW>
<ROW id="20">
</ROW>
</LAYER>
<LAYER num="2">
</LAYER>
</ROWSET>

How can this be done? If anyone has a sample code, it would
be helpful.

-- Prasad

Please note: New list subscriptions and unsubscriptions
are  now ***CLOSED*** in preparation for list transfer to OASIS.