Varying the attlist for an element depending on the element's parent

Eric A. Stephens estephen at appliedtheory.com
Thu Dec 3 22:06:00 GMT 1998

In a DTD that I am developing, I have the same "primitive" element defined
in two different parent element. For example:

<emp>
        <type val="x">
</emp>

<skr>
        <type val="1">
</skr>

What I'm looking to do is have different ATTLIST defs for the element TYPE
depending on the element that TYPE is contained within.

I've looked at the spec and some examples and its not clear to me at this
point. If anyone has an answer or pointers to where I can get the answer
please let me know.

Eric A. Stephens                      estephen at AppliedTheory.com
Software Engineering Group          http://www.AppliedTheory.com
AppliedTheory Communications, Inc.

List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)