ANNOUNCE: XML Query Engine

Howard Katz howardk at fatdog.com
Fri Dec 3 06:25:14 GMT 1999

[from the website]
XML Query Engine is a full-text search-and-retrieval engine for XML documents. A JavaBean
component, XML Query Engine can index single or multiple well-formed XML documents using any
SAX-based parser. The query engine builds an in-memory representation of the content and
structure of the indexed documents. Users can then pose queries against the indexed data using
XQL, a de facto standard for searching XML that is [very nearly] a proper subset of XPath, an
official W3C recommendation.

The version of XQL used by XML Query Engine has been extended slightly to provide a facility
for making full-text queries against the data set. This capability is similar to that found in
most current web-based search engines.
[end]

The software is currently in alpha and I'm interested in getting feedback. I'll be demoing in
the "New Technology Nursery" area on the exhibit floor at XML'99 next week. I don't know my
schedule for the show yet. If you want to reach me in Philadelphia, call me at the cell number
below or leave a message at the Marriott.

I'll be shipping copies of the software once I'm back in Vancouver the week of December 13th.
I'd like to hear initially what people want to do with it. If you want a copy, send me an
email and tell me in one or two lines whether your intentions are honourable and what they
are. :-) I'll be happy to send you a zipped copy in return.

More information is available at www.fatdog.com. If you're emailing me, please copy me at
howardckatz at yahoo.com since I'm experiencing some email difficulties due to a domain-name
move.

Regards,