Request for Discussion: SAX 1.0 in C++

Jun Fujisawa fujisawa at the.canon.co.jp
Thu Dec 9 12:06:43 GMT 1999

At 6:49 PM -0500 99.12.2, David Megginson wrote:
>  > At 04:27 PM 12/2/99 -0500, David Megginson wrote:
>  > Good idea, one question.  Any way to do C at the same time? -Tim
>
> Sure -- is there a strong need for a common C interface, though?  We
> already have Expat's C interface, and I don't know of anyone else in
> that space yet.

Gnome libxml and Oracle XML Parser for C do have SAX
interface in C.

<http://xmlsoft.org/>
<http://technet.oracle.com/tech/xml/parser_c/>

Another interesting work is the Simple API for CSS (SAC).
The SAC interface is defined both in Java and C.

<http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/SAC/>

I think the combination of SAX and SAC might be very
attractive (especially in C binding) while developing
XML software on resource constrained environment,
such as XHTML Basic user agents.

--
Jun Fujisawa
<mailto:fujisawa at the.canon.co.jp>