SAX2: Namespace proposal

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Mon Dec 20 17:49:23 GMT 1999

David Megginson wrote:

> The classic use case is a transformation where the result will be
> still used by an author, sort of an XML sed.  I don't find this case
> particularly persuasive, but clearly the DOM WG did, and as a result,
> the Infoset was constrained to follow.

James also mentioned the case where the output had to be DTD-compatible.
In that case the prefixes used are meaningful because they are what the
DTD expects.
The occasional act of disrespect for the American flag creates but a
flickering insult to the values of democracy -- unless it provokes
America into limiting the freedoms that are its hallmark.
           -- Paul Tash, executive editor of the St. Petersburg Times