XLink and XML Base W3C working drafts

Daniel Veillard Daniel.Veillard at w3.org
Mon Dec 20 18:47:41 GMT 1999

 The W3C XML Linking Working Group just published the following drafts:

 - A new version of XLink:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-xlink-19991220/

-----
This specification defines the XML Linking Language (XLink), which allows
elements to be inserted into XML documents in order to create and describe
links between resources. It uses XML syntax to create structures that
can describe the simple unidirectional hyperlinks of today's HTML as
well as more sophisticated links.
-----

    This is considered near completion, we are seeking feedback on a few
remaining open items, and would also welcome feedback from implementors.

 - A first version of XBase:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/WD-xmlbase-19991220

-----
This document proposes syntax for providing the equivalent of HTML BASE
functionality generically in XML documents by defining an XML attribute
named xml:base.
-----

    While being a first draft, this is simple enough that we hope
that it will get ready for general consumption quickly.

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard at w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW