Survey: Catalysis Templates

W. Eliot Kimber eliot at isogen.com
Wed Dec 22 16:25:28 GMT 1999

I'm wondering if anyone in the XML_DEV community is familiar with the
concept of "model templates" or "Frameworks" as defined by the Catalysis
modeling methodology (www.catalysis.org). Catalysis is defined largely
through the use of UML for capturing analysis, design, and
implementation models, but it's definition of "framework" is somewhat
different from the more general notion of frameworks in UML.

I ask because I think that Frameworks as defined by Catalysis are
similar to, if not identical to the concept of document architectures as
defined in the HyTime standard. I'm wondering whether or not talking
about "frameworks" or "model templates" would mean more to the typical
XML developer than does talking about "architectures".

Thanks,

Eliot