SAX2: Namespace proposal

Simon St.Laurent simonstl at simonstl.com
Wed Dec 22 16:39:21 GMT 1999

At 01:50 PM 12/21/99 -0500, David Megginson wrote:
>That misses Tim's original argument, though -- he was arguing that
>people who don't want Namespace processing can use SAX1, and people
>who want it can use SAX2, and wondered (aloud) why there would be
>anyone who would need both in the same API.

Because switching from flat-head to Phillips screwdrivers is a big pain in
the neck, and I'd rather be able to flip the head of the thing over without
having to reach back into my toolbox (careful of that hacksaw!) and find a
different screwdriver when I'm working on a simple project.

Never mind using a screwdriver as a hammer - just don't make me use
different screwdrivers on similar projects or even wirhin the same project.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer, 2nd Ed.
Building XML Applications
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies