psgml namespaces and schemas

David Megginson david at megginson.com
Thu Dec 23 12:11:06 GMT 1999

Bruce.Durling at equifax.com writes:

> I've been using psgml for a couple of weeks now and I have to say it is
> absolutely fantastic.
>
> Does anyone know if it supports XML schemas and namespaces? I'm trying to do
> some XSL work and it would be very useful. If psgml is the wrong package for
> doing it can anyone suggest another?

PSGML does not do validation against XML schemas, and to tell the truth,
I wouldn't encourage anyone to do it.  Emacs is a wonderful tool -- I
use it to do all of my e-mail, news, programming, and technical
writing -- but it's a single-threaded monolithic mess, and it might be
nice to get a more modern open-source XML editing tool under
development.

PSGML allows you to edit XML documents that happen to contain
Namespaces, but it doesn't know anything about the Namespaces view.

All the best,

David

David Megginson                 david at megginson.com
           http://www.megginson.com/