(Many) XML Schema Questions

Box, Don dbox at develop.com
Tue Dec 28 04:47:50 GMT 1999

Agreed, since I have been using URNs almost exclusively as namespace URIs.
Fortunately, that's not what the schema spec states. Check out section 4.3.2
of the dec. 17 draft (http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#schema-loc) which
describes the 'xsi:schemaLocation' attribute. Also, see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-xml-schema-comments/1999OctDec/0054.
html for James Clark's comments on this attribute.

> It is of course
> not a violation of the namespace spec,

Yes, but if schemas required xmlns to be a URL that refers to the schema
definition, the utility of XML schemas would be greatly diminished given the
current XMLNS recommendation.

DB
http://www.develop.com/dbox