Converting Mac Chemdraw images to PC gif images. How?

peter Murray-rust p.murray-rust at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Fri Mar 1 22:28:46 GMT 1996

This is symptomatic of the lack of platform- and application independent
formats.  This is why I am keen to develop common standards such as CML.

I can't help with (a).

 On Fri, 1 Mar 1996, Paul May wrote:
[...]
> the problems of (a) converting their Mac files to PC-readable
ones, and > (b) converting their Mac Chemdraw diagrams into gif files.

If you can dump the 2-D coordinates and connexion table out of Chemdraw,
as ASCII it should be possible to convert them to mdl.  (Send me some and
I'll have a look - I don't use chemdraw, but I'd be happy to hack a file.
Then there is a utility from Roger Sayle (mdl2gif) which converts mdl
files to gif.  I think I posted it under http://www.dl.ac.uk/CBMT/cml -
if not, mail me.

If the chemdraw diagrams are simple 2-D diagrams this should be possible
in the batch - else it may not be possible automatically.

P.

Peter Murray-Rust, Glaxo Research & Dev. (pmr1716 at ggr.co.uk); (BioMOO: PeterMR)
Birkbeck College, ubcg09q at cryst.bbk.ac.uk, CBMT/Daresbury mbglx at seqnet.dl.ac.uk
http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/PPS/index.html, http://www.dl.ac.uk/CBMT/HOME.html

-----
chemweb: A list for Chemical Applications of the Internet.
Archived as: http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/chemweb/