Accelrys ViewerLite

Parkin, D (Don) D.Parkin at dl.ac.uk
Wed May 21 16:49:35 BST 2003

On Tuesday 21 May, David Roberts wrote:-

>> It has just come to my attention that Accelrys has withdrawn its
excellent free
>> molecular viewing package ViewerLite and now only offers ViewerPro which
retails
>> at $299. I would be interested (a) to know the reaction of other users of
this software
>> to the news and (b) if there are any alternative freeware applications
that offer the
>> same or similar functionality particularly for viewing crystal lattices.

Have you looked at Mercury from the Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre.
It is a free product (subject to conditions of use) and can be used to view
crystal lattices. Packing can be done and Angles and Distances measured.
(see http://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk/prods/mercury/index.html)

Regards

Dr. Don Parkin
---------------------------------------
Chemical Database Service,
Daresbury Laboratory,
Warrington,
Cheshire WA4 4AD
Phone: +44 1925 603162
e-mail: d.parkin at dl.ac.uk

chemweb: A list for Chemical Applications of the Internet.
To post to list:  mailto:chemweb at ic.ac.uk
Archived as: http://www.lists.ic.ac.uk/hypermail/chemweb/
(un)subscribe chemweb
List coordinator, Henry Rzepa (mailto:rzepa at ic.ac.uk)