[klee-dev] rationale behind the parameters used in the KLEE OSDI paper

Lei Zhang lei.zhang at uwaterloo.ca
Sun Feb 24 15:34:08 GMT 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 1:12 PM, Cristian Cadar <c.cadar at imperial.ac.uk>wrote:

> On 08/02/13 14:44, Lei Zhang wrote:
> > So this means before replay a ktest, I should remove the old sanbox
> > directory and uncompress sandbox.tgz to create a new one, and then
> > copy the native utility compiled with gcov support to the new sandbox
> > directory and then reply the ktest?
> Hi Lei, yes, this is essentially correct; however, to better mimic the
> symbolic execution environment, what we did was to invoke klee-replay from
> within the sandbox directory, but without copying the native executable in
> the sandbox directory.  Finally, don't forget to reset the environment
> variables before you replay a test.

Hi Cristian,
Thank you for your detailed instruction. Now we do like that. And, another
question, I think there are actually only 88 stand-alone utilities in
coreutils, unless considering "false" or "test/[" as stand-alone. I skipped
"dir", "vdir", "ginstall", "groups", "sha*sum", "false", and only test one
of the "test" and "[" pair. Should I consider "false" or "test/[" as
stand-alone?

Besides, how did you modify the buffer used by "sort"? Thank you very much!

Best regards,

> Best wishes,
>
> Cristian

Lei Zhang