[klee-dev] 'Cannot find linker input' reproducing coreutils experiment

Pablo González de Aledo pablo.aledo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 11:30:38 GMT 2013

Installing the last version from https://github.com/ccadar/klee it works
better, but I still get the following warnings

mint at mint ~/coreutils-6.11/obj-llvm/src $ klee --libc=uclibc
--posix-runtime ./cat.bc --version
KLEE: NOTE: Using model:
/llvm-2.9/klee/Release+Asserts/lib/libkleeRuntimePOSIX.bca
KLEE: output directory = "klee-out-4"
KLEE: WARNING ONCE: function "vasnprintf" has inline asm
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: __ctype_b_loc
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: __xstat64
KLEE: WARNING: undefined reference to function: signbitl
KLEE: WARNING: executable has module level assembly (ignoring)
KLEE: WARNING ONCE: calling external: syscall(16, 0, 21505, 56353760)
KLEE: WARNING ONCE: calling __user_main with extra arguments.
KLEE: WARNING ONCE: calling external: __xstat64(1, 56242880, 56514336)
KLEE: WARNING ONCE: calling external: getpagesize()
KLEE: WARNING ONCE: calling external: vprintf(56141712, 56544832)
cat (GNU coreutils) 6.11

License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

Written by Torbjorn Granlund and Richard M. Stallman.
KLEE: WARNING ONCE: calling close_stdout with extra arguments.
KLEE: done: total instructions = 29255
KLEE: done: completed paths = 1
KLEE: done: generated tests = 1

Are they really warnings, or are they a real problem?. I suppose klee can
not propagate the symbolic values through functions that are undefined.

Thanks.