[klee-dev] Running Multifile Applications using Klee

Zachary Fogelson zachary.fogelson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 00:41:02 BST 2015

Hi Klee-Dev,

  I am new to Klee but I think that I found a way around the problem
mentioned in this:

http://mailman.ic.ac.uk/pipermail/klee-dev/2013-September/000335.html
thread. (I am also new to mailing lists so I was not sure how to reply to
the thread above directly).

   I was receiving the following error:
        KLEE: ERROR: path/to/input/file.c:line_number: failed external
call: function_name
while attempting to use Klee on a project with multiple .c files.

   To solve this problem, I did the following:
        llvm-gcc -I /path/to/klee/include --emit-llvm -c -g filename1.c
        llvm-gcc -I /path/to/klee/include --emit-llvm -c -g filename2.c
        llvm-link -v -o filename3.o filename1.o filename2.o
After using llvm-link I no longer get the failed external call error above.
I hope that helps!

Best,
Zach

​