[klee-dev] Making memory space partially symbolic

Sean Bartell sean at yotann.org
Fri Aug 7 19:07:15 BST 2015

Hi,

sudiptac on 2015-08-07:
>Let us assume that we have a large piece of memory, say 128 bytes of an array.
>What is the right way to make some (but not all) part of this array to
>be symbolic?

Two possible ways:

- Make the whole array symbolic, then overwrite part of it with concrete
  values.
- Make a temporary array symbolic, then overwrite part of the large array with
  the symbolic values from the temporary array.

In either case, the large array ends up with concrete values in some indices
and symbolic values in others, like you want.

Sean Bartell