[klee-dev] about klee inputs

Paul Marinescu paul.marinescu at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Mar 12 19:29:59 GMT 2015

Taking your example, when you have a constraint like "if(x < 0)", setting the value of x to -2147483648 or to -1 produces the same coverage. At a high level, klee generates one input per path explored. While there may be multiple inputs that follow the same path, klee does not differentiate between them in any way (and certainly they all produce the same coverage).

As an aside, if you’re interested in a weaker type of coverage (say line or branch) you might want to omit inputs that don't contribute to it. There is the -only-output-states-covering-new option for omitting inputs that don’t improve line coverage. For something more specific you will need to make changes to the code.

No, there is no option do disable the verifications that klee does. You would have to modify the code (Executor::executeMemoryOperation is a good starting point).

Paul